Monday 16 March 2009

Priscilla saves me!

I was wondering around in my funk feeling sorry for myself, but luckily it couldn't last as I was booked to go out with my friends to see Priscilla! No one on this earth can compare to those fierce beautiful creatures ( I just know I'll get in toruble for saying that ). Otherworldly the perfect mixture of power and delicacy, so seeminly fragile but so undaunted by the world surely they are the fiercest of us all to stand head and sholders above the rest in their sequins and makeup and proclaim to the world that it cannot break them even when they are broken they will not surrender. I love them.

They are the larger than life, completely unapologetic and without compromise, the toughest of the tough. You just don't mess with a Drag Queen unless you want to hurt. They are my heroes.

I always remember going to a cocktail bar near Warren St when I was much younger with a female friend of mine. We were two lesbians in a bar full of Drag Queens, you could feel the strength in that bar. I was both terrified and excited all at once to be near them, they looked me over with a cold stare assessing me in the kind of way only a Drag Queen can. I smiled back and laughed when they made jokes at my expense, they are allowed to, they make a coward of me in this world. They relax a little realizing I am not one of those crazy take offense at anything lesbians and we have a few drinks and chat about nothing in particular and it was easily one of the top 10 nights of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment