Tuesday 16 June 2009

Depression


I've been fighting with the dark cloud the last few months and lately it feels like it's winning. I get up every morning, but can't seem to get myself out into the sun or even some days off the sofa. I sleep and sleep and sleep and when I am not sleeping I am eating. Funny how quickly you forget the pain of living with this cloud only a few months ago I was bouncing round the city as if I'd never known the emptiness the spacial silence of this mood destroyer of this living death.

I am resolved to fight it though, I have already given 20 years away to this demon and I won't give in again without a fight. I keep asking myself what is it your so afraid of? why do you let this madness paralyze you and stop you from finding some acceptable existence. I dream of travel and experience nothing excessive mind you. I don't want to be a millionaire or famous, I just want to live the life I dream of the one where I want to do something and I do it, how can that be something to be afraid of? 


3 comments:

  1. Hey, hugs to you.

    I find exercize to be helpful, but I'm never motivated to start it while depressed. Other things that help include drinking tea or yerba mate, and eating stuff with a lot of olive oil and fresh veg. Also chocolate. And marmite, since being short on B12 can be a factor.

    Making appointments can get me off the couch also, so like lunch dates or whatever.

    You're not asking for advice, so sorry for forcing it on you. Whenever I hear somebody is depressed, I always want to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charles always nice to know someone is wanting to help out there I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Advice Dr Rudford, I don't see anything suggesting older people are more susceptible to depression than younger people, but thanks for your advice.

    ReplyDelete