Thursday 19 March 2009

Head Cold

Seems of little relevance having a head cold maybe, just thought I'd use it as a title. Well since emerging from my funkiness I have brought with me a bit of a head cold which is not a big deal. It does make my head hurt and allow me on some level to continue a bit of self-pity the wistful fantasy of having some nubile beauty nursing me back to health is always one of my favorites and who knows one day it could happen.

I have also had a chance to look up again and see the sun, feel it's warmth on my face and remember what it is to be hopeful again. I have found hope in some unexpected places as of late in people I had not expected. In friendly hands extended in good faith and kindness and that is quite an amazing thing, who knows what will come of it or where it will take me but they are beginnings and beginnings are always full of hope and promise and possibility and I thrive on that. I am not really much of a planner, more of a float along and see where the world takes me kind of person, which is why when people assume that I am after something in particular I tend to get a bit annoyed. I like to see where something goes not plan it out, I know this often can lead to danger and disappointment and hurt and scars but, I survive and sometimes I even learn something about myself which is always good.

I'm off to see another show at the RVT tonight despite my cold I do not think I can bare to miss it, I am very excited to see what Stripped Bare by Killpussy will teach me or show me about myself. I am really quite sad too that these set of shows will only be seen once especially as I am going to have to miss two of them due to previous commitments. I do hope somehow in the future world there will be a space for them to be shown again. I am sure that elements of these shows will turn up in other things but to see the six run again I think would be very exciting and important.

I hope Wotever realize just how much they are appreciated, I think it's important that they feel the huge love and appreciation I have seen for them from their members and I add myself in that too. Before Wotever I had no place where I could learn to be myself. I have struggled to be what other people have wanted of me for years and only found confusion and self loathing. I had seen Wotever around but had been to scared to go on my own ( unusual for me, but that's how close to the center this was for me ) I met a friend who took me to Bar Wotever and opened the door for me, since then I have looked for ways to be with them and get to know the people there and I have been welcomed and people have shared with me about things I could not even speak of until a few months ago so this really has been an amazing place for me and I hope I'll continue to be a part of this because it is a beautiful and rare oasis where you can be yourself and be accepted. Thanks Wotever!

No comments:

Post a Comment