Saturday 7 March 2009

Why one or the other? ( Thought of the day 8th March )

As I have grown older and come to accept myself a little more I have started to ask myself why do I have to be one or the other? Why do I have to be male or female?

Surely most of my internal conflict through my life has been the result of the idea that I could only be male or female. This thought came to me ( maybe not the most orignal thought, but hey I'm just starting ) for the first time about a year ago now when I was at the LGBT film festival and I came across a film about someone called Papi who referred to herself as a transgendered entity ( I didn't get to see the film all booked up, but I'm still trying ) I'd never heard this expression before and for the first time I asked myself why can't I be both?

No comments:

Post a Comment